
Stoning at the busstop
And we were spilt into 2 groups.. Irene, li teng, rynel and quek one van. Del, jo, alex, chun hwee and myself in another van… We just slept our way through the entire journey. Reached base camp at about 5 plus.. Saw the stars.. So nice!! Couldn’t go in till 7.. and registration only starts at 9.. so most of us slept at base camp.. Woke up, changed and got ready to set off… Somehow on the way up, we were spilt into two groups.. With Jo, quek, del, alex, Winston, ivan and myself in the first team (we reached all the checkpoints first)… Then the other them with Irene, li teng, andy, randy, yoshika, chun hwee, rynel, yin yong and two other guys which I forgot their names… Climbed up and see the water fall.. Best man! Took a lot of pics.. Shiok..
The waterfall at the lower part of the moutain..
Team 1 at the waterfall before checkpoint 1..
Checkpoint 1
Checkpoint 3..
So we took about 4 hours to reach check point four which we needed to camp for the night.. Once team 1 reach the checkpoint, alex, jo, del, quek, ivan and myself went to soak ourselves in the river.. Cold but shiok.. Though the water wasn’t very clean… You really cannot imagine that that will be the place where we will be bathing in… Waited for the rest to come which was about half an hour later… They then pitched up the tent for us.. The girls wanted to bathe but it was raining very heavily and wasn’t safe for us to go down to the river. So jo and I resulted to bathe behind the tents.. Well, it was not actually bathing.. Cox we only washed our hair.. So we were in the tent cox it was raining… But being dry is useless.. The tent was flooding… So we switch tent and slept for the night. All nine of us inside… Night trek to the summit was cancelled cox it was raining..
When we woke up the next day at about 7, our backs and hair were all wet.. Then we were informed that if it continues to rain until 12, we will descend. And so, it didn’t stop raining.. Packed the stuff. And started to descend at about 2..

Decending down.. at waterfall.
For no reason, my left leg started to hurt real badly.. Old injury.. same as jo… I can climb up but cannot climb down. So I took a longer time.. Thanks to jo for helping me down.. =D Oh ya.. The waterfall's water really cannot make it.. Cox it was raining, then the waterfall sort of became stronger.. The water was splashing on us while we were descending down.. Dangerous... Reached the base at about 5.. So me and jo went to bathe… when I took out my shirt, I saw blue black on my right shoulder. Oh my god la.. And my bag was the lightest among the nine of us.. But I think it’s because of my back that even though mine was the lightest, I still fine it very heavy… Went to brush my teeth after 2 days of not brushing.. Think all of us had bad breath.. =D We had debrief at the base camp and then they said they heard a women moaning.. So scary la! Del, Irene, liteng all heard it.. And they were just behind me.. But I didn’t hear anything.. Oh my god!!! And so we took the van back and stopped at about 10+pm for dinner. Had chicken rice… Couldn’t finish… Actually they wanted to go Bukit timah for prata.. Then heard bi wanted to go the chomp chomp at serangoon…But it was cancelled in the end.. Reached causeway, some of them dropped at marsling and the rest of us dropped at dover.. Su and I shared cab back… We asked the cab uncle how long has it been raining in singapore and he told us about 20 over hours.. It has been raining at ophir for about close to 40 hours.. And we had to descend in the rain with all the slippery tracks.. I reached home at about 2.30am on 20th December 2006. Unpacked everything.. And slept about 4am..
It’s a pity that we didn’t reach the summit.. Jo and I say that we must go up there again during the holidays.. Ask the same people to go and maybe others… We must conquer ophir first and then continue to kota kinabalu.. Alex must go again =D and dun complain!!
After the trip… My whole body is covered with small dots.. I think it’s sand flies… Dunnoe.. so itchy….
I got marks like this all over my body.. Not sure wad it is but it has gotten worst..
Though we didn’t go up to the summit, the trip is still worth going.. As they said… Many will say that the have reached the summit.. But not many will say that they have seen the waterfall overflooding.. That’s true.. Since it happens only once or twice a year…
After spending close to 40 hours in the rain, it has finally stopped raining in singapore….